Can't get off the ground

I have FC1 and FC2T1 with SELinux active on separate disks. I want to install FC2T2 as a new install on in place of FC2T1. Now here is the problem. I can't FC2T2 to install. Not only will it won't install, and can't even get it to boot. I have tried burning CD #1 in a number of different ways. Sometimes the boot process bypasses the CD and goes straight to the hard drive. I got into a situation where it would boot ask a couple questions such as language and then ask for a driver. I tried all the drivers in the list and that failed. I have two CD rooms running on the IDE. The CDs were burned on a Redhat 8 system using x-cd-roast. This must be a simple and straight forward process, what's worse is I have done it twice earlier with FC1 and FC2T1. Would someone be so kind as to give me a blow-by-blow discription of how to get this critter installed.

Many thanks.