Re: Naming convention flames

<Sent this to Russell directly the first time - being dense, sorry>

Russell Coker <russell@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
seuseradd is a good solution to this problem.  It calls useradd
(so /etc/default/useradd will be used in the regular manner), and it then
does SE Linux stuff afterwards.  I think that it is OK to have scripts that
add system users continue to run as before, and have useradd work for adding
user_u users, but require seuseradd for adding SE users.

Personally I feel an option to useradd would be a better solution in this case. It's only natural for people to look in the man page when a command doesn't do what's expected and an option will be much more obvious, and more logical, than a reference to separate command.

Cheers,

Martin.