Re: [policy-1.9-5] VNC module in X AVC

On 22.03.2004 08:27, Adam Gibson wrote:

As a heavy user of the vnc.o module, I just want to make sure everyone
understand the benefit of using the vnc.o X module by adding the info to
XF86Config compared to using Xvnc. The vnc.o module automatically
exports the default local display :0 that users see on their local
monitor.

Yes, and what this allows is for people to run their normal X session without any additional overhead (as opposed to running an Xvnc and vncviewer locally, which is much slower), but still be able to access that session remotely when necessary.

Note: I also had to create the /root/.vnc/passwd using
/usr/bin/vncpasswd.  I have not figured out a way to have a separate
password depending on who logs in locally.  It is one password for the
local display regardless of who is logged in.  For single user systems
this works fine.

Have you tried adding an appropriate vncconfig call to the {d,k,x}dm "start session" script?