Re: %autosetup and conditional patching

Neal Gompa wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 23, 2019 at 7:42 PM Todd Zullinger <tmz@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Alternately, if you move the %if condition to the Patch6:
>> header you can let %autosetup handle things still.  In other
>> words:

>> Patch5: number5.patch
>> %if 0%{?fedora} > 29
>> Patch6: fedora-30-and-above.patch
>> %endif
>> %prep
>> %autosetup -n GDCM-%{version} -S git
>>
>> I don't see anything in the guidelines section on patches
>> about avoiding such a conditional, but it's possible there's
>> a more general rule which I'm forgetting.  If so, I'm happy
>> to be reminded. :)
>>
> The general rule is to avoid conditionals around Source and Patch
> lines... Though I can't find the reference in the guidelines over it,
> the idea is that the source package contains all the source content
> from Dist-Git always.

Yeah, I know it can cause issues if the srpm is generated
differently across systems.  I thought that it would be
noted in the guidelines if it was generally frowned upon.
When I didn't see it, I thought I'd mention it and see if
someone could point to where it was covered.

If it's not covered but should be a general rule, perhaps a
patch to the guidelines can come out of this discussion.

--
Todd