Re: Guidance request: rpmlint, FHS, and test suite location

> I'd suggest not doing that.  If you expect someone to run it, put it
> somewhere where they can run it.  That location would be /usr/bin, with
> data in /usr/share or %_libdir as appropriate.  You probably also want
> it in a subpackage ("foo-tests" is a commonly used naming convention) so
> that users don't have to install it if they don't want it.

We ended up moving forward this approach; thank you :-).

> Well, if you want anything to end up in the final generated RPM files
> then you must place them somewhere under %buildroot in the %install
> section, and then reference them in the %files section.  Whether it's
> the projects build infrastructure which installs them or just some
> calls to cp is completely dependent on the software in question.
>
>  - J<

We were able to move the relevant example and test directories as needed via %install. I have learned a lot and I am appreciate of the responsiveness from the community. I still need guidance regarding a pesky 'dangling symlink' error, however, since it is unrelated to FHS or test suite placement, I will start a separate conversation. Again, thank you.