Re: Cleaning up old scriptlets

ST> 1) /sbin/ldconfig is no longer needed after installation a shared
ST> library in F28+, correct?

That is correct.  It doesn't hurt anything, but can slow down package
installation. See
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:Scriptlets#Shared_Libraries for
a full explanation and description of macros which work across all
releases.

ST> 2) Is update-mime-database still needed after installing a file in
ST> %{_datadir}/mime/packages/ ?

This has not been needed since... Fedora 24 or 25 I think.  No
scriptlets for update-mime-database are currently listed in
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:Scriptlets

For EPEL, there is
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EPEL:Packaging#mimeinfo

ST> 3) Is 'udevadm control --reload-rules' still needed after installing
ST> a udev rules file?

Not sure at all; the packaging guidelines have never listed any
requirement for calling udevadm.

 - J<