Re: Packaging Kernel Modules

RM> The fedora packaging guidelines state clearly that packages must not
RM> contain any Kernel Modules. What is the recommended method of
RM> distribution for an LKM?

Get it into the kernel proper.  Fedora simply isn't going to accept a
kernel module package; they're just not reasonably supportable.  And
the Fedora kernel maintainers isn't going to carry patches which aren't
already accepted upstream.

RM> Is there any chance that Trustbase could be added to the Fedora
RM> Repos?

Not outside of a path through the upstream kernel.  I have no idea how
you would go about getting code into the upstream kernel, but I would
start with a discussion and patches sent to the appropriately mailing
list for the relevant kernel subsystem.

If you're going to roll your own things in COPR, you should probably
look at how RPMFusion packages up their kernel modules:
https://rpmfusion.org/Packaging/KernelModules/Kmods2
Or look at DKMS, but I've never used it and can't provide a reference.

 - J<