Re: Question about getent/glibc-common in Requires

JP> which somewhat complicates the picture :-)

Not really.  If someone wants to change the assumptions which underlie
such things then fine, this is part of the work they'll need to do.
Right now, in Fedora (not something which may be derived from Fedora),
scriptlets execute with bash and have glibc available.  Packagers are
allowed to assume that.

If that situation changes (and, sure, it might as Fedora is going in all
different directions these days) then fixing things up is going to be
part of the effort to make that change, and everything will be loudly
announced well in advance.

Honestly I think that many of these corner cases relating to scriptlets
will be significantly simplified by the efforts to simply make
scriptlets go away.  Witness what we've done with ldconfig, which
eliminated a significant source of scriptlet.

 - J<