Re: Proposed Fedora packaging guideline: More Go packaging

On mardi 30 janvier 2018 16:11:49 CET nicolas.mailhot@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Now the technical PR is submitted
> https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/go-srpm-macros/pull-request/1
>
> and waiting for action from the go-srpm-macros maintainers, I took (quite a
> long) time to refresh and flesh out the corresponding packaging guidelines
> proposal. It should be fairly complete now:

> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/More_Go_packaging
>
> I'd appreciate review to check if I have forgotten an important case, if
> people understand the text, if they have enhancements or corrections to
> propose, and so on.

> Then I will push it FPC side again.
>
> Actual practice should be fairly simple and self-explanatory, the proposal
> length can be scary but that's because it documents all kinds of corner
> cases that required digging through specs and mailing lists to find
> resolution examples before. The basic Go packaging skeleton will be
> sufficient is most cases without requiring to read any documentation.

> Regards,
>
> --
> Nicolas Mailhot

Hello Nicolas,

Could you add two full examples, one for binary package, one for library
package, like in https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackagingDrafts/
Go#Sample_RPM_Spec

Putting it all together (https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/
More_Go_packaging#Putting_it_all_together) is nice but don't understand if it
is for a binary or a library.

Also, is there any plan to update Gofed with these new guidelines? If it's not
automated like today, we will lose time instead of gaining some in the end.

Best regards,

Robert-André