Re: <DKIM> Re: <DKIM> Re: Proposed Fedora packaging guideline: More Go packaging

----- Mail original -----
De: "Neal Gompa"

>>  2. if your concern is that the *forge* macros are defective somewhere I'd be curious where as you'd be the
>> first to report an actual technical problem. I've used them intensively in rawhide and el7 with many different
>>rpm tools and they are rock solid for me
>

> I don't consider them defective. They make me a bit squeamish because
> I don't see the spec preamble and such because they're autogenerated,
> but you've mentioned that it's possible to selectively use these
> things with Go and forge macros.

I'm curious, what are you missing in the preamble ? As far as I can see it's all there (even though some values set to variables %gometa precomputes). I had it's right autogenerated some parts of it in the past but it's all converted to variable use now to avoid packager surprise and permit customization.

For example, what are you missing there?

%<---
%global goipath        github.com/hashicorp/consul
Version:               1.0.2

%gometa

%global common_description %{expand:
Consul is a tool for service discovery […]}

Name:    consul
Release: 5%{?dist}
Source:  %{gosource}
%<---

Or here ?

%<---
%global goipath        github.com/hashicorp/go-sockaddr
%global commit         9b4c5fa5b10a683339a270d664474b9f4aee62fc

%gometa

%global common_description %{expand:
Socket address convenience functions for Go. go-sockaddr is a convenience
library…}

Name:    %{goname}
Version: 0
Release: 0.14%{?dist}