Re: Controling dependency generator behaviour in a subpackage basis

On Fri, Jan 12, 2018 at 2:31 AM, Igor Gnatenko
<ignatenkobrain@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Mon, 2018-01-08 at 15:00 +0100, nicolas.mailhot@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>> Hi,
>
> Hello,
>
>> I'd like to control auto-dep generation on a subpackage basis.
>>
>> A Go software unit is just a subdirectory in a specific location. Therefore
>> my current Go autodep attr logic processes all those subdirectories.
>>
>> Unfortunately unit test files are mixed with normal files in Go.
>>
>> So, if you separate unit tests in specific subpackages (as current Fedora
>> specs do), there is the risk one of those subpackages will own the same
>> directory as the subpackage containing the main go code. And rpm will then
>> think the unit test subpackage ships the whole Go code unit.
>>
>> Is there a way to pass a subpackage-specific variable or package name to the
>> dep generator, so it can learn to disable provides for unit tests? (auto
>> requires are fine — unit test code has dep requirements)
>
> As far as I know, RPM passes you list of files and for each file you print its
> dependencies.

Since Go uses a folder structure to enforce "Go packages", it's
absurdly easy to do Provides generation. Requires generation is
trickier, but appears to be possible, since I've seen other
distributions do it...