Re: Proposed Fedora packaging guideline: Forge-hosted projects packaging automation

De: "Zbigniew Jędrzejewski-Szmek"

> Impressive! I just tested this on some random package using github and
> everything works great.

Thanks for the nice feedback

> Would it be possible to drop the requirement to have "/" at the end
> of a github URL? I think it's natural to paste the URL without the
> trailing slash...

Not having to handle special cases was easier for me, but ok done, the macro is now less pedantic.

> Your instructions say "just copy the file into /usr/lib/rpm/macros.d",
> suggesting that the name can by anything, but I think it has to start
> with "macros.".

You're right, it's documented now.

> Wouldn't it be better to recommend %autosetup instead of %setup?
> It's one less thing to change if patches are added.

I don't have a good history with %autosetup :) It tends to hate the patches I produce.

OTOH it would be nice if the macro could adjust %setup to mean %setup -n %{archivename} when necessary, but I couldn't figure how to do it cleanly.

> add a text like
> "See https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:Versioning how to adjust
> Release tag for pre-/post- release commits.".

Done, thank you for the review.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Mailhot