Re: Package naming question

On 12/04/2017 10:20 AM, Igor Gnatenko wrote:
I would like to hear opinion of other packagers about naming. We have
`parallel` utility implemented in Rust which is drop-in replacement for GNU
parallel.

This longs for an explanation - I do not comprehend, what you are trying to do?

Replacing (== obsoleting) one existing package with a *rust* package (cough ...) seems to be quite absurd and non-sensical to me.

I was thinking how to name package and how people would expect it to
be named. So far options are:

* rust-parallel
* parallel-rust
* parallel-rs

I dislike first one because it is not ending up in completion while second and
third are quite good.

I'd prefer rust-parallel, because this matches the conventions for other languages (python, perl, ...).

Ralf