Re: [Guidelines change] Changes to the packaging guidelines

Hello, Remi.

On Wednesday, 01 November 2017 at 17:32, Remi Collet wrote:
> Le 28/10/2017 à 01:47, Jason L Tibbitts III a écrit :
>
> > A new section was added to the packaging guidelines regarding shebang
> > lines. It forbids the use of 'env' and codifies the longstanding rpmlint
> > rule that non-executable files should not have shebang lines.
>
> I strongly disapproved this new forbidden use of env.

You're welcome to bring the issue back to the FPC and present new
arguments.

> It works perfectly and have lot of benefits, at least for SCL users,

SCLs are not part of Fedora.

> especially for PHP stack where compatibility is very good between version.
>
> Yes, I have a huge usage of multi-versions of the language installed and
> used simultaneously.

I don't see any parallel-installable php engine packages in Fedora,
so I'm not sure I see your point.

If you meant EPEL, then you're welcome to talk to EPSCo about changing
the rules for EPEL only.

> Switching back to hard coded path to PHP binary will be, IMHO, a huge
> regression for PHP developers.
>
> I won't change any of my package.

Sorry, Remi, but that's just hostile and uncooperative for no good
reason. Please calm down so that we can have a reasonable discussion.

Did you forget https://getfedora.org/code-of-conduct ?

Regards,
Dominik
--