Question about java written software using maven

Hello all, I was using gvsig (www.gvsig.com) and want to package it for fedora.

gvSIG uses maven for compile and building process,  this tool download some dependencies that already packaged for fedora (groovy for example). The question is: Can I use the original pom.xml file or I need patch it to use the fedora packaged dependencies?

Regards