Re: Obsoleting debuginfo packages

ZJ> My motivation was that 'dnf debuginfo-install' would not work
ZJ> because of file conflicts, until I uninstalled the old package.

My understanding was that in current rawhide, debuginfo packages should
not be conflicting in any case and it should be possible to install
multiple versions of the debuginfo for the file in parallel.  But of
course your bug report doesn't involve rawhide.

Really the only way to do what you're asking is overriding the
definition of %debug_package.  I would not recommend actually doing
that, though, because the proper content of that macro differs between
releases.  Rawhide actually uses %_debuginfo_template, and you'd also
have to override %debugsource_template, and probably more.

While I'm pretty sure we could provide some way to add headers to the
various debug* packages, I'm not sure it would be worth the trouble and
I'm not sufficiently familiar with how the new stuff in rawhide works to
know if that would even be a reasonable thing to do.  I just don't think
it's worth the trouble in the long run.

 - J<