Re: How to "enforce" new Python packaging Guidelines (for naming)

CS> I would argue here that it is more of maintenance burden, trying to
CS> keep a SPEC file synced between distros, than having a different
CS> SPEC for each branch.

You might argue that, and I've been arguing it for years, but in the end
the maintainer makes that decision.

CS> There are even SPECs that use suse macros in order to keep the same
CS> SPEC pretty much everywhere,

That is forbidden in Fedora.

CS> and while it might be an interesting work to do, I do not really see
CS> any advantages from the packager's POV.

Well, the "fedpkg switch-branch epel7; git merge master" workflow is
rather convenient.  It's hard to argue against that.

 - J<