Re: tag-invalid <icon> not allowed in appdata

On 10 January 2017 at 23:29, Gerald B. Cox <gbcox@xxxxxx> wrote:
> I checked in /usr/share/appdata and did a random check on
> org.kde.plasma.colorpicker.appdata.xml among others and they also have the
> <icon> tag and also now fail.

I think appstream-util has always forbidden <icon> in appdata files,
although that should have been restricted to desktop-type appdata
components, not the 'generic' type that plasma uses.

I've fixed that in
https://github.com/hughsie/appstream-glib/commit/5b6fd6c9c90e5dc4533388183fcb5c114791569e

> So it appears that we have an error in either the process which is
> autogenerating the appdata file or the validation program has a bug.

Note: this is still a valid validation failure:

• tag-invalid           : stock icon is not valid [color-picker]

...color-picker is not a stock icon name. I think removing the
"type=stock" upstream will make the validator pass, and also the
appstream-builder happier.

Richard