Patching LICENSE after upstream fixes

Hi packagers,

I have a package that failed rpmlint's incorrect-fsf-address check. I filed an issue with upstream to fix it, and included a patch & pull request. Upstream has since accepted the pull request and merged the fix onto their master branch, but has not yet made a new release that includes the fix. Should I:

1) Follow strictly the "don't patch the LICENSE file", ignore the rpmlint error, and wait for a new upstream release

or

2) Patch the LICENSE file, generating a patch off master using git-format-patch now that upstream has indeed fixed the address

Thanks!

~link