R re-base/compile problem

hi everyone.

this is rpm packaging related, not sure if more than R itself but before going to R gang I hoped someone here knows:
why this:

byte-compiling package 'compiler'
Warning in file(datafile, "wb") :
cannot open file '/usr/lib64/R-MY/lib64/R/library/compiler/R/compiler.rdb': Permission denied
Error in file(datafile, "wb") : cannot open the connection
Calls: <Anonymous> -> code2LazyLoadDB -> makeLazyLoadDB -> close -> file
Execution halted

happens when I rpmbuild R?
I do a bit of mangling there, but nothing in the sources of R, just rpm spec files & paths.

Why build process would call this file? (which is not there anyway)

Weirder is that if rpm packages (of that my custom build) are already installed, this problem occurs, build fails only then. Suffice to yum/rpm uninstall those R-MY* packages and rpmbuild process (of the same R-MY*) is successful.

To me it's strangest thing, but an expert hopefully knows what is going on there.
many thanks,
L.