Re: Need help in fixing Rawtherapee

MV> - I've upgraded the source to latest svn from Github. From packaging
MV>   guidelines, when using github for downloading a specific commit,
MV>   the source url should be:
MV> Source0:
MV> https://github.com/OWNER/%{name}/archive/%{commit0}.tar.gz#/%{name}-%{shortcommit0}.tar.gz
MV> but such a link will download a source named
MV> %{name}-%{commit0}.tar.gz (with full commit in the name instead of
MV> shortcommit). Is there an error in guidelines, or am I missing
MV> something?

It's not an error; it's just that there's no way to get the tarball name
we want out of github.  The portion after '#/' just has to match
whatever you name the tarball after you download it, so that rpmbuild
can find it.

Still, nothing really cares what the tarball is named as long as it's
there.  To be fair I don't know why there's such emphasis on having
%name in the tarball name.  I'll try to remember to bring that up at a
packaging committee meeting at some point.

Github does now provide an easier way for releases which were tagged,
though; that change will be going into the guidelines soon.  (As soon as
I can get around to it, that is.)

MV> The font is present in the sources, but it's not installed in the
MV> system (the file is not packaged). So, is it ok?

As long as the file isn't present in the binary package and can legally
be distributed (since it would still be in the src.rpm) then there is no
need to remove it.

MV> About bundling libraries, rawtherapee uses a custom patched version
MV> of Klt for building, plus a heavy patched version of dcraw. Dcraw
MV> bundling has been discussed before [4] and FPC ticket was closed. In
MV> the .spec file I can see a "Provides: bundled(dcraw)". Should I
MV> manage Klt bundling like that, with a "Provides" declaration?

Well, the bundling guidelines tell you exactly what you need to do:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:Guidelines#Bundling_and_Duplication_of_system_libraries

Basically, contact upstream, try to eliminate any bundling, and
otherwise do "Provides: bundled(whatever) = version".

 - J<