Re: Weak Dependencies from Third Party repos

On Mon, Jul 11, 2016 at 10:40 AM, Adam Miller
<maxamillion@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello all,
>     I recently started reviewing a package called sway[0][1], which is
> an i3wm[2] compatible window manager for wayland. One of it's
> utilities requires ffmpeg and I responded to the Review Request saying
> that we can not include third-party packages as Requires: so the
> packager then moved it to Suggests: and I'm unsure if that's allowed
> as there's no currently mention of Guidelines around that scenario in
> the Weak Dependencies wiki page[3].
>
> I've opened a Council Ticket on the topic but thought I'd also start a
> discussion here.
>
>     https://fedorahosted.org/council/ticket/61

I don't see a reason why we can't use Recommends, Suggests,
Supplements, and Enhances for it. We just shouldn't use Requires since
it would block the installation of packages due to them not actually
being in the repository.