Re: rpmbuild: question and help about tarball download

Le 17/05/2016 22:16, Orion Poplawski a écrit :
> On 05/17/2016 01:52 PM, zosrothko wrote:
>> Hello
>>
>> I am using a Git URL for specifying the source tarbal of the poco
>> package as below
>> Source0:
>> https://github.com/pocoproject/%{name}/archive/%{gittag0}.tar.gz#/%{name}-%{version}.tar.gz
>>
>> 1/ no file found rpmbuild/SOURCES/
>> The command below
>>
>> /usr/bin/rpmbuild -bs --target noarch --nodeps poco.spec
>>
>>  fails because it does find the rpmbuild/SOURCES/poco-1.7.3.tar.gz
>>
>> so I am wondering why rpmbuild does not or cannot download the
>> poco-1.7.3.tar.gz itself?
> Not sure, but you can use:
>
> spectool -g poco.spec
>
> to download the source.
I know but koji do not run spectool before rpmbuild -bs is launched. I
would like rpmbuild do the same as spectool if the tarball is not in SOURCES

>> 2/ Help on the sources file
>> Where can I found the documentation for specifying a GitHub path for the
>> sources file?
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:SourceURL#Github
That's not what I am looking for. This URL documents the Source block in
the rp.spec. I am looking for the format of the rpm sources file