Re: Usage of %license tag when the license text is in a readme

On Thu, Dec 17, 2015 at 10:53:09AM +0000, Mat Booth wrote:
> > 1) add readme file only to %doc
> > 2) add readme file only to %license
> > 3) add readme to both %doc and %license
> > 4) cut file in two parts
> Actually I don't mind options 1, 2 or 3 (all of these options fulfil the
> legal obligations of the license, right?) -- 4 seems like unnecessary
> effort for no real gain.

Don't forget the "nodocs" use case, which the separate license tag
helps cover. That means 2 or 3 is preferable to 1. My suggestion would
be to go with 3 and then to ask upstream to separate it out. Ideally,
if they're using a standard license, we can in the future deduplicate
identical license files, too, but only if they're just the license
alone in a file.

--
Matthew Miller
<mattdm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>