Re: Usage of %license tag when the license text is in a readme

On 17/12/15 10:02, Antonio Trande wrote:

On 12/17/2015 10:17 AM, Piotr Popieluch wrote:
Hi,

I've encountered a couple times that an upstream project adds the
full license text to the end of a readme file. It is not clear to
me how to handle these situations. What to do:

1) add readme file only to %doc 2) add readme file only to
%license 3) add readme to both %doc and %license 4) cut file in two
parts

Upstream should provide a complete text file of the license.
How is license reported in README file?

Well the review that triggered this related to this README file:

https://github.com/TooTallNate/array-index/blob/master/README.md

Which has the full text of the license at the end of it.

The packager had put the file in both %doc and %license and my comment as reviewer was that %license was only supposed to be for when the license was "in its own file".

The current solution has been for the spec to copy the license out of the README to a separate file and add that to %license.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom@xxxxxxxxxx)
http://compton.nu/