Re: For a cross-compiling toolchain, does it matter if /usr/bin/* links are symbolic or hard?

On Thu, 2015-11-12 at 10:36 -0500, Nico Kadel-Garcia wrote:
> Thereis is, generally, no good excuse for a hardlink in an RPM. The
> symlinks help indicate where the component actually resides, and the
> relevant software package, and the target of the symlink is easy to
> discover. The other member of a set of hardlinks is nowhere so easily
> traced, and it becomes unclear if modifying one should modify both.

While I agree with you, it appears that it's standard procedure to use
hardlinks rather than symlinks in this way for most (all?) of the
cross-compiler toolchains in Fedora.

Ralf cited mingw and I checked a couple others, and every one of them
uses hardlinks.

As mentioned in a reply to Ralf, I'm requesting that the packager
change the hardlinks to symlinks, but not making it a blocker.

Jonathan