Re: Is it time to allow Chromium in Fedora?

On 12 August 2015 at 13:09, Gerald B. Cox <gbcox@xxxxxx> wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 12, 2015 at 12:00 PM, Stephen John Smoogen <smooge@xxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>>
>> And that is probably be why Chromium has never been added.
>

> Well, you got to start somewhere Stephen.

What I am trying to say is that the place to start is to work on the
package for a bit and then when you have gotten processes in place for
all the items that happen with a fast moving software ball of fun..
then go and work on getting it into Fedora. Asking if people are
interested in helping works when you have already done some of the
work.

As much as I hate the word "meritocracy", this is clearly where Fedora
is one. Do the work, show you know how to do the work, and basically
show that you will keep doing it when everyone says you are wrong
(*cough* systemd *cough* ) and then things get added. Spending time to
ask if anyone is interested before that is done.. and people will
ignore you or worse try to use your emails to make pithy statements to
make the LWN quote of the week.

> --

Stephen J Smoogen.