Re: Packages without a dist tag

> Getting the whitelist from git seems difficult and error prone. Maybe it
> would be simpler to put it in the SRPM instead? That way, you would only
> have to unpack the matching SRPM and wouldn't have to access the git
> repo at all.
>
> Adding the whitelist file as a SourceXX would make sure it's included
> in the SRPM.

Thanks, Kalev, that is a very good idea. It has some pros and cons, as everything. We'll definitely think about this approach.

Regardless of what we do with whitelists, we'll still have some use cases where relying on the dist tag could improve our life, though :) Here's the most recent example:
https://phab.qadevel.cloud.fedoraproject.org/T491