Re: DRAFT: SourceURL addition/clarification - Git Hosting Services

On 06/26/2015 11:18 AM, Remi Collet wrote:
And because upstream archive often are a mess,
e.g.http://news.php.net/php.pecl.dev/13044

This is no different than upstream releasing tarballs to an FTP or HTTP directory with the same version yet different contents. Are you suggesting we switch every Fedora package to use a SCM commit ID instead of a release tarball? This is what I see you suggesting.

Banning the use of a legitimate form of release tarball generation because of a handful of offenders is hardly logical.