Re: Interesting blog on simplifying packaging for OS bootstrapping

Dne 22.12.2014 v 19:16 Jason L Tibbitts III napsal(a):
> VO> I agree with these of course. And I'd go one step further and remove
> VO> also gcc, gcc-c++ and make.
>
> To be honest, I also think it's time to do this.  We should have nothing
> in the buildroot that doesn't absolutely have to be there, and I'm sure
> it would be easier for ordering complete rebuilds if the dependencies
> were all completely specified.
>

>  - J<

So how about Removing gcc, gcc-c++ and make (or something more?) from
the exception list as a start? Then after while (lets say F24 timeframe)
remove the packages from the minimal build root. In the mean time,
rpmlint can be updated to throw an error in case it detects that any of
these packages is in use.

Vít