Re: Packaging Guidelines Proposal: DevAssistant Assistant packages (DAP)

Hi,

On 12/12/14 11:42, Michael Schwendt wrote:
> On Fri, 12 Dec 2014 11:29:52 +0100, Tomas Radej wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Please note: https://fedorahosted.org/fpc/ticket/478 .
>
> Could you cover the directory ownership, too?
> Dir ownership is incomplete/inconsistent.

Fixed by adding the section "Directory ownership" [1].

> Create a devassistant-filesystem package if necessary, which could be
> reused where appropriate.
>
> Unowned:
>
>    # repoquery --whatprovides  /usr/share/devassistant/meta
>    # repoquery --whatprovides  /usr/share/devassistant/doc
>    #

All directories in question will be owned by the package devassistant-core. We have a COPR build of DevAssistant 0.10.1 at [2], which conforms to the layout described in the guidelines. You can examine the packages therein to verify my claims. Should these guidelines be accepted, the package of DevAssistant in Rawhide would be very similar to the one in COPR.

> Multiple owners (and incorrect naming of the package?):
>
>    # repoquery --whatprovides  /usr/share/devassistant/assistants
>    openlmi-devassistant-0:0.5.0-5.fc21.noarch
>    openlmi-devassistant-0:0.6.0-1.fc21.noarch
>    devassistant-0:0.9.3-2.fc21.noarch
>    devassistant-0:0.9.3-1.fc21.noarch

The package openlmi-devassistant was not created in accordance to these guidelines, and will have to be changed/dropped. We will talk to the maintainers to rectify the situation.

> Correct ownership:
>
>    # repoquery --whatprovides  /usr/share/devassistant
>    devassistant-0:0.9.3-2.fc21.noarch
>    devassistant-0:0.9.3-1.fc21.noarch
>    # repoquery --whatprovides  /usr/share/devassistant/files
>    devassistant-0:0.9.3-2.fc21.noarch
>    devassistant-0:0.9.3-1.fc21.noarch
>    # repoquery --whatprovides  /usr/share/devassistant/files/crt
>    devassistant-0:0.9.3-2.fc21.noarch
>    devassistant-0:0.9.3-1.fc21.noarch
>    # repoquery --whatprovides  /usr/share/devassistant/icons
>    devassistant-0:0.9.3-2.fc21.noarch
>    devassistant-0:0.9.3-1.fc21.noarch
>    # repoquery --whatprovides  /usr/share/devassistant/icons/crt
>    devassistant-0:0.9.3-2.fc21.noarch
>    devassistant-0:0.9.3-1.fc21.noarch

Please, bear in mind that the version of DevAssistant present in Fedora 21 and Rawhide at the moment (0.9.3) is not subject these guidelines. They will not take effect in Fedora 21, and the version 0.9.3 is to be replaced by version 0.10.1 in Rawhide.

Regards, Tomas Radej

[1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Tradej/Draft:Packaging:DAP#Directory_ownership
[2] https://copr.fedoraproject.org/coprs/tradej/DevAssistant/