guidance on package with _really_ generic name in bin (that doesn't currently conflict)

We're looking at packaging a program which happens to include a binary
named /usr/bin/init. This doesn't actually conflict with anything else
on the system (possibly because no one else has been so bold). Is there
any existing guidance for situations like this?

I'm inclined to say that it's okay (since I can't find anything that
says otherwise) but that we should file an upstream bug asking for a
more generic name in the next release. What do you think?

--
Matthew Miller
<mattdm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>