Code Fragments - Bundling or Not?

Hi,

I am working on updating the binwalk[1][2] package. It is mostly a python-based program, but in its most recent version, the authors have added a little bit of C code. In looking at the C code, I noticed that the authors have taken 2 small files[3][4] from other projects (ncompress and miniz), modified them, and included them in binwalk.

Would this be considered bundling or not? In searching the archives and FPC tickets, I've seen some discussion about code fragments not being considered bundling, but I don't see anything in the guidelines.

Thanks,
Scott

[1] https://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb/package/binwalk/
[2] https://github.com/devttys0/binwalk