Packaging guidelines for packaging Cron Jobs in the distribution

Greetings

I have been looking into cron jobs in the distribution and I noticed that there dont seem to be any packaging guidelines for packaging cron jobs in the distribution.

More or less every package that ships cron jobs does not require Cronie which arguably it should, however only few packages actually strictly need cron ( logwatch,leafnote etc ) while the majority of them are more or less small administration task that can be triggered manually by the user/administrator thus not strictly required by the component.

Before I start providing patches to fix this I need to know what is the correct way to move forward as in...

Should the requirement on Cronie be added to the spec file?

or

Should those cron-jobs be package in a separate sub package which would depend on Cronie?

Thanks
            JBG