Re: Missing 'Provides:' from rpmdeps, apparently?

On Tue, Dec 18, 2012 at 02:15:14PM +1100, John Pye wrote:

> Can anyone set me straight on what is going on here?  (One thing that
> I notice is that shared libraries in Ubuntu use 644 mode, but Fedora
> 17 uses 755. But I believe I've corrected for that using %defattr.

What happens if you use chmod 0755 %{buildroot}%{_libdir}/lib*so*
in %install ?  I haven't checked recently but traditionally, the provides
and requires scripts only checked shared libraries that were mode 0755.

> Also I am getting automatically-generated dependencies on /bin/sh

One reason for this is that you have %post and %postun scripts.  Those
automaticaly use /bin/sh as the interpreter unless told otherwise.

Since you only call ldconfig there, you could do them like ths instead:
%post -p /sbin/ldoncifg

That will invoke /bin/ldconfig directly without the need of the shell.
However:

> and
> /usr/bin/env that I am surprised by)

This likely means that you're installing a script somewhere that has
/usr/bin/env in its shebang line that rpm is finding.

-Toshio