Re: Creating a "super rpm" that installs other rpms

On 12/18/2012 02:39 AM, Fred White wrote:
Hello,

I'm creating a "super rpm" which in turn installs other rpms, and
executes a script and performs non-interactive installation (using
expect). These are application specific RPMs and are currently not
available in our rhn/spacewalk channels. These RPMs needs to be
installed in a specific order and some of them also needs to be
installed with nodeps (rpm -i --nodeps), since there are missing
dependencies, and there are vendor instructions to do so.
Do I understand correctly, you are trying to install rpms from inside another one by invoking a script/program or similar?

I'm seeking advise and suggestions on two issues below:

Issue 1) What are general Fedora packaging guidelines around creating
such an RPM?
Such rpms are strictly prohibited.

All rpms are supposed to be pulled-in through Requires: etc.

Ralf