Re: APT,YUM and package status

On Thu, Oct 04, 2012 at 04:47:29AM +0330, Mohsen Pahlevanzadeh wrote:
>        not-installed
>               The package is not installed on your system.

`yum list` will show this. There are a number of options which you can find
in the man pages.

>        config-files
>               Only the configuration files of the package exist on the
>               system.
>        half-installed
>               The installation of the package has been started, but not
>                completed for some reason.

These don't exist because of differences between the underlying rpm and dpkg
systems. You can tell if files are missing from a package with the yum
verify plugin (install package yum-plugin-verify, and then look at the man
page for yum-verify).

>        unpacked
>               The package is unpacked, but not configured.
>        half-configured
>               The package is unpacked and configuration has been
>               started, but not yet completed for some reason.

These concepts don't really exist in RPM.

>        triggers-awaited
>               The package awaits trigger processing by another package.
>        triggers-pending
>               The package has been triggered.

RPM does have triggers, but it's rather esoteric. I don't think there are
any yum plugins that expose this, but you can look more under the hood with
`rpm -q packagename triggers`.

--
Matthew Miller  ☁☁☁  Fedora Cloud Architect  ☁☁☁  <mattdm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>