Re: RPM macros

On 07/12/2012 12:28 AM, Vít Ondruch wrote:

I am just looking for convention over configuration. It is good to
follow conventions. That's it. When I was preparing the macros.ruby,
there were no place where I could look and learn where to place this
file and why. And it seems everybody needs to invent his own way instead
of reusing the knowledge. But we can stay with this status quo.

If you want a common sense convention, it is this: generally rpm macros are needed (only) at buildtime, so put them in your -devel pkg

-- rex