Re: About optflags

2011/1/22 Jason L Tibbitts III <tibbs@xxxxxxxxxxx>:

> SB> Is it allowed to override "-O2" and use instead "-O3"? I see that
> SB> those flags overrides those CXXFLAGS from Makefile sources.
>
> Of course for your personal packages you can do whatever you like.  In
> Fedora, though, the answer is that you should use the provided optflags
> unless you have specific justification for a change.  In order to change
> -O2 to -O3 I'd want to see benchmarking and other such evidence that
> indicates that the change actually makes a difference.  Otherwise it's
> just a case of "adding -O99 for uber mega speedz0rs!!!11!!1one".
>
>  - J<
> --

Thanks for the answer, could you tell me (I'm really no ironic) could
you tell me when I can find that such a evidence.

Let's say that I forget the "-O3" issue. Can I use that CXXFLAGS

 "-ansi  -Wall -Wno-deprecated" ?

Thanks in advance!

Sergio Belkin  http://www.sergiobelkin.com
Watch More TV http://sebelk.blogspot.com