Re: Is Conflicts acceptable in this case

Le 09/10/2010 13:22, Ralf Corsepius a Ãcrit :
>> I cannot requires perl-XML-SAX>= 0.96, because
>> - this package doesn't requires perl-XML-SAX
> I don't understand. Here you say it "doesn't require".

ocsinventory requires XML::Simple, but according to doc

	XML::Simple requires the services of another module
	that knows how to parse XML.
	If XML::SAX is installed, the default SAX parser will be used,
	otherwise XML::Parser will be used.

So when XML::SAX is installed it will be used and this issue occurs.
If XML::SAX is not installed (XML::Simple only requires XML::Parser),
all works fine.

> IMO, the only clean solution is to "fix what is broken", i.e. to let RH
> upgrade their package.

I will try to build a simple test case and will file a bug.

> * Hack ocsinventory to not use perl-XML-SAX. As this may introduce
> functional regressions, this might not be feasible.

I will try to see if I can configure XML::Simple to only use XML::Parser.

Regards