Re: How to install vim syntax files?

Am 28.08.2010 16:29, schrieb Till Maas:
>> d) add the vim files with %doc for manual installation in ~/.vim/syntax
>
> This is just improper packaging imho.

Right. It seemed quite unusual when I noticed it in the spec (of package
ifm).

> Imho it is very annoying to have to install an extra subpackage only to
> get a syntax file. Therefore I am in favor of any solution that will
> install the syntax file at the same time the main package is installed,
> e.g. by multi-owning the vimfiles dir or changing vim to provide a
> vim-filesystem package.

OK, a vim-filesystem package would be a good compromise between
excessive package splitting and the installation of potentially unused
files/folders. Maybe such a package could be added together with the
update to the recently released version 7.3 of vim. I'd like this more
consistent solution better than always having to apply ownership to
several parts of the vim data directory tree.

Martin