Re: Confusion regarding file location

On Tue, Jun 01, 2010 at 09:36:51PM +0530, Rangeen Basu wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am tying to package GNUMed software which has server and client
> separate. The server files consists of a few sql files, a few python
> files and some shell scripts. There are some .conf files as well but
> they are not config files in true sense as they never change. They are
> more like static data files. The upstream provides the source where
> the .conf files , .py files and shell scripts have to be in the same
> directory. These files are used only once during the initial setup or
> bootstrap and are never used again. Also the python files are just
> scripts and not python modules which will never be imported by anyone.
> Can all these files be put in the same location such as
> /usr/lib/gnumed-server . Where should .sql files be put.

Since it sounds like none of this is arch specific, probably
%{_datadir}/gnumed-server is where you want them.  However, I have
a question -- since this is a server, does something need to get run that
the client connects to?  If so, that should go in /usr/sbin/ or /usr/bin.

If it's just setting up an environment that the client can run in, it might
be better to have some sort of wrapper like /usr/bin/gnumed-setup that
invokes the scripts and sets up the environment.

-Toshio