Re: Inaccurate information about LiVES package

On Tuesday, 01 June 2010 at 16:53, salsaman wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 1, 2010 at 11:37 AM, Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski wrote:
[...]
> > What codecs and containers is LiVES able to process without FFmpeg/MPlayer?
> >

> dv (with libdv), ogg/theora (although ffmpeg is required for vorbis
> encoding/decoding), mng (encoding only), animated gif.

I guess this might be useful then. What about WebM/VP8?

[...]
> > We welcome all new packagers with open hands. However, please check your
> > facts before going off on a rant and accusing people of spreading FUD.
> >

> When you can show me an actual example of a registered patent which the core
> of ffmpeg violates then I will stop. Until then I still regard it as FUD.

http://wiki.multimedia.cx/index.php?search=patents

If you can provide a configure command that would produce a non-patent-
encumbered FFmpeg binary and a list of files that must be deleted from FFmpeg
tarball so that it can be distributed by Fedora then please do so.
I have no time to do this and even if I did, I'd most likely be unable
to find all the relevant patents and miss something. Until then, I'll keep
maintaining it in RPMFusion.

Regards,
R.

"Faith manages."