Unifying Fedora and openSuse packaging guidelines, rpmmacros and scriplets

Hi,

As a result fo some discussion on the fdo distributions list, I've been having some very interesting discussions with people from Suse, currently one of them (Stanislav Brabec) is preparing a wiki document describing the differences, and shared problems we have like gtk-update-icon-cache, etc.

We would really like to continue our discussions in the open and Stanislav had discussed this with the rpm.org people, and as they are interested in large parts of this discussion they have suggesting to join rpm-maint@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx This is not a high traffic list (about 50 mails/month), and most people there would be interested in the discussion anyway.

Stanislav will send a mail there to start the discussion when he has some wiki pages which describe the current differences and shared problems.

Thanks & Regards,

Hans