Re: Lua

On Fri, 4 Apr 2008, Hans de Goede wrote:

Tom "spot" Callaway wrote:
On Fri, 2008-04-04 at 13:29 -0500, Jason L Tibbitts III wrote:
I see a few Lua packages have appeared in the review queue today.

I checked out the specs and they all seem very clean.  There are a few
issues (/usr/lib/lua seems to be unowned in rawhide, although
/usr/lib/lua/5.1 is owned by the lua package), the luasql packages
leave /usr/lib/lua/5.1/luasql unowned, etc.) but these seem to be
minor packaging issues.

So, we need to decide whether we want to just go ahead with these
packages, or whether we want to do the "wait for guidelines" game
again.  Is anyone interesting in writing some guidleines?  It seems
like they'd be pretty tiny.  Hans, the main Lua package seems to be
yours; are you interested in putting something together?

I don't see a reason for a hold here. I would love to see Hans (or
someone qualified) whip up some guidelines.

I also don't see a reason for a hold. As for me being the lua maintainer, thats only because it got orphaned and its used in a few games I maintain. My lua knowledge is limited. So lets first see how these new packages go, and if there is a need for lua specific guidelines at all.

Only noticed this now, duh...

I briefly maintained Lua in fedora.us and would be happy to help with it if you want. Both rpm and apt-rpm have and use an embedded Lua interpreter to varying degrees so I've both interest and some experience in it.

	- Panu -