Re: forbid fedora or redhat in spec files?

Patrice Dumas wrote:
Hello,

I have seen people saying that we should avoid using 'fedora' and 'redhat'
in spec files, to help reusing in other contexts (be it, selfishly,
EPEL/RHEL/OLPC, or other distros or upstreams). I think it is a good
idea, especially since there is a trademark on fedora and redhat (unless I am wrong).

Should we have a guideline about that? Or on a 'trick' page?

A guideline for that seems a bit far-fetched to me, but what use of the terms did you want to target specifically ? I quick grep through the spec files mostly reveals usage in desktop-file-install ("--vendor" and "--add-category"), some "README.fedora" files, and conditionals such as "%if "%{?fedora}" > "5""