Re: cmake rpm macro(s):

Orion Poplawski wrote:
Rex Dieter wrote:
Appended is a first try at rpm macro'izing the the call to cmake per:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackagingDrafts/cmake

I chose not to implement the out-of-tree style of build in the PackagingDraft to keep things simple(r).

Updated PackagingDrafts/cmake to include proposed macro.

First off, your macro doesn't specify any source directory, which you must. That's actually good, because then you can do:

%cmake <path>

And it keeps the macro usage the same as the command usage.

I think you have to support out of tree builds as many projects actually don't support in tree builds (specifically, paraview). The question then becomes sub-dir or parallel-dir?

Well, I wasn't aware of in-tree problems, so my first draft left out the details wrt out-of-tree builds.

Certainly the macros shouldn't touch which dir to use, leave that to users and specfiles.

-- Rex