Re: Source Url Guidelines

On Mittwoch 14 Februar 2007, Toshio Kuratomi wrote:

> The latest version is available at:
>   http://www.fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackagingDrafts/SourceUrl

I made some minor corrections, e.g. using example.com instead of foo.org and
links to the mentioned NamingGuidelines sections. I also added a section
about the correct sourceforge.net URL, afaik it is not documented anywhere
else, and a section why using %{version} in SourceX: is good. I hope this is
ok. :-)

I noticed, that in the section titled "When Upstream uses Prohibited Code"
there is not mentioned, that the URL of the original tarball must be included
in the generate-tarball.sh script, or, that it also must download it, e.g.

curl http://www.example.com/files/libfoo-$VERSION.tar.gz | xzvf
libfoo-$VERSION.tar.gz

Also, one could argue, that the script must always be
named "generate-tarball.sh" (or whatever name is appropriate) because then
QA-scripts could automatically use them.

Regards,
Till