Too many exceptions

Currently the guidelines are bloated with proposals for exceptions.

How about we keep the guidelines clean and simple, and either relax
their status from commandments to guidelines, or setup an
Anti-guidelines wiki page where temporary exceptions are listed.

I'm concerned that new packagers, or packagers revisiting the
guidelines will need to filter the proper guidelines out of the
exceptions, or mistake the exceptions for rules.
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net