Re: Kernel Module Packaging Standard Teleconference

Warren Togami schrieb:
Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
Warren Togami schrieb:
After weeks of discourse on IRC and mailing list discussions,
 [...]
In order to make this meeting manageable, we must limit the number of
attendees. Invited are the existing members of the Fedora Packaging Committee, Thorsten Leemhuis and certain Red Hat employees relevant to this discussion. Please talk to me directly if you have been an active contributor to this in the past but are not included in this invitee list.
There were no discussions on IRC (Axel invited me once but I couldn't join it -- private matters were blocking, sorry). I really would prefer a IRC disussion over a Teleconference -- that's IMHO the better to coordinate and a lot easier for those of us that don't speak english that often.

Hmm, good point about English, it could very well make it difficult for us to communicate.

IRC IMHO has even one more benefit that would help in this especially in this case: You can paste URLs to mails in the archive or on the web.

Further: multiple people can write in parallel (that's a advantage and a disadvantage at the same time). A disadvantage of telephone conferences: they often consume all of your attention -- in an IRC-Meeing you can go afk for one minute if there is a need to and read what happened in between

The important thing is for someone neutral to drive the process, hopefully Spot can do it. The driver of this meeting must act as mediator. We must all stay away from recriminations and stick to the technical points. Go down all questions and concerns and discuss each point. If someone doesn't understand then implications must be explained.

Agreed.

Then matters must come down to a vote after context is understood.

Just to make sure: One vote per "technical point"?

Perhaps given this format, IRC may work better.

+1

We can think about this a bit more as we also figure out if all of the key players are available at that time on Friday. We'll see.

CU
thl